Friday, December 2, 2005

To enter her mind

I'm writing a poem right now and I'm struggling whether to enter the mind of my subject, or to remain an outsider staring and describing. I'm sure that if I stay outside, the poem will be longer. If I enter her mind and write about what she feels it will be shorter. I'm staring at what I've written and I realize that I've entered her mind. To rewrite and stay out of her head or not? That is the question. Weighing the relative merits of going either way is kind of hard. Hard to the mind, that is. And now I'm reaching for Winamp and play "Dragostea Din Tei". It's a signal that I want to stop thinking. Numa numa yey...

1 comment:

  1. just write, dont think. just write. it will all come in place.

    or do this, write as if you are talking to her.

    so there.

    happy scribbling

    ReplyDelete