Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Running


"Look back. Nobody is chasing." I always say it to pace myself whenever I jog. Yes, I jog now. Not everyday, mind you, and not intensely but I jog more frequently now than at any other point in my life.

My friends in this "small" city had always invited me to jog with them. And I always declined. I said I don't like to jog and that I prefer to take a walk. And I did walk (daily at one point) for a time. After work, I walked within the lush, green and peaceful Chinese and Japanese Gardens at Lakeside. It was convenient because the gardens are located between where I work and where I stay. And then I noticed something. People around me were running and cycling. I was the only one walking.

"Maybe I should run, too."

And run I did. I bought shoes and shorts and shirts for running. I wanted to run on the same path around the Chinese and Japanese Gardens. But I thought it was too cumbersome to bring running gears to work so I settled in running around an old track near my place. That was four months ago. I'm still running now. Not daily, only whenever I'm not reading something or playing badminton in the evening, but I'm still running.

I hope I'll have the motivation to continue finding time to run even if I stay in this slow pace; to look back and find nobody chasing me whenever I'm impatient to finish the activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment