Saturday, February 9, 2008

Next

The Harry Potter series has ended, so I don't really have a book in mind that I'm sure to buy when it comes out. I have bought a lot of books since Harry Potter 7, but the thoughts I had about them never made it to this blog. I moved to a new company. Moved to a new city. I seem to have something else to do besides blogging. But here's something about the book that I'm reading now, Next, by Michael Crichton.

It's about genetics and biotechnology, and the drama that could probably happen around the subject. Congo, Timeline, Airframe, Andromeda Strain. I've yet to read a Crichton book that I didn't like. (Or with characters that I could actually remember.)

I hope it's a good read. I'm not yet finished, but here's the thing. I'm more than a hundred pages on, met a lot of characters and not one I could really care for. That's bad. But then again I'm hundred pages on, no character to care for, and yet I'm not tired of it so far. I'm still intrigued at what will happen next. I guess when you read a Crichton you don't expect memorable characters, but the thrill of a lot of twists and a lot of turns. Interesting subject. Interesting events. They're keeping me on this book.

1 comment:

  1. Nice ni sya nga book, Carl. Too technical for me though. :)

    ReplyDelete