Sunday, December 28, 2014

What if?

Still from the movie What If
Photo from What If Facebook Page

  1. Daniel Radcliffe needs a better American accent. I like his acting. He reminds me of Keanu Reeves, so if there's any plan to reboot the Matrix (reboot, Matrix, get it?), Daniel is the one. I believe he improved a lot over the years since taking on the role of that famous wizard Harry Potter. I hope he will appear in more movies (American or British). But for Hollywood, he needs a better American accent.
  2. His role in this movie is actually a Londoner, but I just want to state #1.
  3. How in the world is their city showing "Princess Bride" in a movie house in 2013? I've read the book in the past and I've seen the movie on my laptop, but if I was in their city, I'd also go see it in a movie house and also alone if nobody wants to go with me.
  4. I'm a sucker for movies where characters write each other in complete sentences using email (You've Got Mail). It's the next best thing to using a pen to write something on paper, putting it in an envelope and posting it in a post office. And, to top it off, it's also the next best thing to tearing an envelope, unfolding a piece of paper, and reading a note from your friend written on paper using a pen.
  5. I don't think #4 will ever happen again, so it's just me reminiscing.
  6. That scene in the rain with the umbrella. Huzzah!
  7. Zoe Kazan plays Chantry who is an animator with bangs and looked good in glasses. I know another actress who'd look good as an animator with bangs wearing eyeglasses: Zooey Deschanel.
  8. Zoe and Zooey are probably not pronounced the same way. But I'm just guessing.
  9. Good night, Chantry.
  10. Option 5.
  11. Dublin (in Ireland, just in case there's another Dublin) looked nice. Roads were made of cobblestones. I like the idea of me walking on something like that one day. In 2015 if I have my way.
  12. I know that scene! I've seen both-looking-for-each-other-at-opposite-place countless times in the past. Corny, yes. I still like it.
  13. That airport scene near the end, what was that all about? Why wasn't it edited out? Some crazy writing there.
  14. 18 months later is not needed. The movie could have ended "earlier".
  15. Daniel and Zoe could be the next Tom and Meg. But if this was "You've Got Mail", they need a "Sleepless in Seattle"
  16. They should "Sleepless in Seattle".
(Grade: B+)

No comments:

Post a Comment