Friday, September 2, 2005

New look

My friends Dondino and Eric are redesigning the look of their blogs. I got jealous and decided to redesign my blog, too. :-) I have always wanted my blog to look like this. Simple. Basic colors over white. I also renamed it to Carl News Network, the name of my webpage when I was still learning HTML and CSS in college. Ironically, too, during that time I was also trying to figure out how to automate the creation of my web pages. That was in 1999, I think. I thought of putting a textfile in a certain directory and then run a program to automatically incorporate it to my webpage. I never got around to finishing that program. But what do you know. Other people were thinking about it too. And their solution (blogger, wordpress, mtcomments) were much elegant than mine. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of simplifying self-publishing.

One problem, though. I cannot change the URL to my blog. Actually, I can. But I don't want to. My friend's links to my blog will break. And so it will stay this way, smallerpicture.blogspot.com, the Carl News Network.

Edit:
My blog looks a bit clunky on an 800x600 screen resolution, but what the heck, I don't want to code in absolute sizes. I'm thinking of finding the middle ground, font sizes that are very accessible (readable) at 1024x768, but doesn't look gigantic in 800x600.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mental Noise. Actually, I find the look of your blog elegant, much more than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kinda liked simplicity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cool! It's a redesigning revolution :)

    See? Blogging is a good thing. It lets out our sense of creativity blah blah blah. :)

    Like the layout Carl. :)

    ReplyDelete