Thursday, September 8, 2005

SMS, connecting people

I tried to find a morse code learning software today. I haven't found a satisfactory one, at least not those which are free (freeware). I did find a simple text to morse code translator here. Of course the first word I tried was SOS. I immediately noticed that it sounded similar to the Special SMS alert of Nokia phones. So I entered SMS, hit translate, and lo and behold it is the Special SMS alert. I never knew this...until now. And guess what, the Ascending SMS alert (at least the ones for monophonic phones) is morse code for CONNECTING PEOPLE. Wow. I always found the Ascending alert weird. It's not the most melodic of phone alerts. I guess this is why they've removed it from the polyphonic phones (I don't know if it's true for all of their polyphonic models, but at least in mine it's no longer the Ascending alert). But now that I know it means connecting people, I wish they retained it. I wonder if the default Nokia alert is also a morse code message. I tried translating NOKIA, calling, human technology, hello, but it doesn't sound like any Nokia alert (ringtone). Maybe it's not. But if you do know what it is, please do tell.

5 comments:

  1. i think they just want to connect people's wallets. urs to theirs. very convenient really

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find chief!

    Will provide this morse code stuff at caizine, it is an educational tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ei carl do u have girl problems? blog those. ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't consider them problems because I'm not thinking about them all the time. Hehe... :-)

    Sa down time lang nako sila mahuna-hunaan. Those times when I'm not in front of a PC or the tv set. And those times when I meet them on the streets, corridors, and other passage ways.

    There's this pretty girl in another department whom I think I have a crush on. But I think she's way out of my league. Is this a problem? Haha...

    Maybe I'll blog about them just the same, eh?

    ReplyDelete