Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rock Star: INXS

I can't believe that J.D. won the competition. And he won it over Marty, too, and Mig, and Suzie. I guess dropping Mig in the middle of the finale was an ominous sign. I wasn't an INXS fan before this, and I think it will stay this way. INXS wasn't seriously looking for talent all along. They just wanted a summer-long (at least for those in the U.S.) publicity. What a joke!

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Filipino and was rooting for Mig who's also a Filipino. Even if Mig won I wasn't sure I'd be buying their album. None of the INXS originals that were played during the duration of the competition really made me like INXS. And it's not just because of the lyrics, the bigger reason is their music. It's just not what I dig. And now that their lead singer is J.D., I'm sure I'll not be buying their album, or even download an illegal copy of whatever single they're producing. I don't even like Easy-Easy, the single they premiered in the finale. I guess they deserve J.D.

Now if Mig releases an album, that would be another issue. He's not yet as rock a star as Marty or J.D., but I like his brand of songs (his lyrics) and his brand of rock. Now, if only he can get the house band to back him up they'd easily beat INXS at the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment