Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Revisiting the half-blood Prince

I've just finished rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the 6th book of the Harry Potter series. This would just be my 2nd reading of book 6, the first one being back in 2005, when the book was first released. Unlike the first time that I read it, this time around I wasn't in such a hurry to finish, my rereading was spread in three days. And I realized that I'm appreciating the events in the book much more than when I first read it. I guess fictional books are designed to be read recreationally and never in a hurry. I appreciate the characters more, as well as the events. The death of Dumbledore, for example, resonated on me stronger than when I first read it. Now I want to continue with a rereading of book 7, but unfortunately I'm in Cagayan de Oro right now and my copy is in Cebu. I don't want to wait to return to Cebu to reread the book because then I'll be busy with work. I want to reread it now while I'm on vacation. So I downloaded a PDF of book 7. I'd much rather read the ink-on-paper book, but this will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment