Thursday, November 27, 2008

Twilight

The best thing about this movie is that I got to see it for free because of our company's monthly movie night.

I thought it was boring. I mean not "I'm sleepy" boring, I never felt sleepy while watching it, but that there's not much anything going on for probably the first half of the movie. At the end there was this action sequence that I thought was too tame for a vampire movie. So I guess this is truly a movie about love more than it is a vampire movie. It's a love story. But with vampires. It's okay, but did it really have to be boring?

Now, this is the Philippines so usually when there's a buzz about an upcoming movie based on a book, that book shoots up the Philippine best seller list. It shoots up in popularity. A number of my co-workers devoured book after book in the series. I thought I'd read the book after the movie, in case I liked the movie and want to find out more about it. But the cheezy quotes from the book that were being used by my friends as their "status messages" in their messenger accounts made me think I really shouldn't bother. Well, now, I've seen this movie and I'm not going to bother.

Incidentally, when the first Harry Potter movie made the book popular in the Philippines I didn't rush to buy the novel. I only bought the books after seeing the second movie. I thought there was more to the story than what the movie conveyed. Does this mean that the second movie in this franchise will make me read the books? Potentially, yes, but if the status messages of my IM buddies are any indication, most probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment