Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day before Christmas

Last year, I didn't go home for Christmas. And since all the people that I know went home for Christmas I was left to fend for myself. But it wasn't really as dramatic as "fend for myself" made it sound. I spent the whole day in SM Cebu. And I discovered that perhaps people make their last-minute shopping two days before Christmas. SM Cebu on December 24, 2007 was the emptiest I found the mall that year. There were still many people, of course, but compared to the usual day it was by far "emptier". There wasn't even a line when I took my lunch in Chowking at around 12:00 noon. At the same time any other day and I would have been at least tenth in line with four lines total.

***

Going home that day I bought season 3 of House so that I had something to be busy with in the hours leading to Christmas and on Christmas day itself because the malls were closed for the holiday. Luckily, the 3rd season had a twist in that House fired all his staff and conducted a reality-tv-like contest to search for his new staff. It was an interesting season and kept the series fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment