Thursday, December 25, 2008

Favorite book 2008

My favorite read of the year is a book first published over three years ago. It's Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I reread it last month and say what you want about how JK Rowling writes, all I know is that she writes very engaging books that are hard to put down until you read the last page.

My second favorite read of the year is a book first published in 1990. It's Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. His fiction may not have won awards, but I have yet to read a boring Crichton book. Come to think of it, most of the time, those award-winning books are the boring ones. I'm looking forward to reading his final book, which will be published sometime next year.

***

 And yes, it's Christmas. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment