Monday, February 12, 2007

What?

In addition, the applicant is a charming, sweet lady with the most infectious smile I've ever known. She has such sweet smile that can lighten anybody's day. Her smile can lighten my day. Her glasses cannot hide those beautiful round eyes. She has such sweet voice, too. She can read the dictionary and I could listen to her all day. I love my friend. I love everything about her.

The question was: What skills/abilities does the applicant have that makes him/her ideal for -----?

Say what? And don't count the dashes. I'd like to think it's because it's February and it's two days before the fourteenth. Or maybe, just maybe, as one of our instructors in a recent training puts it, "must be the weather." Whatever it is, though, this guy's in love with his friend. Funny. Funny not because he's in love, funny because what is being asked for are "skills/abilities". Yeah, just in case you didn't get it. I have to explain.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

- Savage Garden, Affirmation

No comments:

Post a Comment